the girl in my arms : water splash

I am dedicating these series of posts to the struggling parents


Water splash 🌊

Unarguably it had been a long day ( as well as night because most of my nights my daughter wakes up atleast a few times and goes to sleep and we cosleep). We both finished our dinner and were in the bathroom sink to wash our faces and hands before the bed. It's 9pm, right time for my daughter to go to bed. She's sitting at the sink, turns on the tap. While she'd washing her hands, her curiosity took over her and she held the tap with both her hands, leading to a huge force splash of water across her face, tee and my teeshirt. My first instruct was to yell at her, why she's doing that. I paused for a few moments and laughed. She laughed. We didn't stay there long. May be another 1 minute. We came out, changed and were asleep by 9.30pm.

Not everytime it goes as smooth as this, but her curiosity was fed today. I always have this problem of where to hold on to boundaries with her but I don't care at this moment. At this moment, what she gets to learn is more important. I know she will figure out the rest herself. 💜

Comments

Popular Posts