the girl in my arms: our valuable time

My daughter is 2.5 by the way.

I wrapped up some drain brained project planning, as expected I couldn't get out at 6pm because I really wanted to send out the summary of our multiple meetings for the day including some technical executions. 
I made it out by 6.35 and joined my daughter. 

We did so much in 3 to 4 hrs that we get together that I love it. I'm lucky enough to get all the help that is needed to not worry about cooking and cleaning. 

We played with colors first, we made chapati together, ate some nut butter.

We played stackable rings, and I introduced concept of diameter to her because she asked me a thousand times why are the rings not passing beyond her elbow when she wears one in her hand. 

Then we went into bathroom to play in the water. Today I had given her empty shampoo bottle, tea filter, a few mugs, powder and a cloth to play. Powder is a new addition to the textured materials experiments that we want to start including and it will be fun..

After almost 45min, we came out and went to the kitchen again. Got a some warm  quinoa, salt, ghee, a few cucumber slices. Finished our dinner with curd rice. We went out and walked on the road lit with dim street lights for 15 min. We played with some Burnt logs after Holika Dahan, we put teeka on each other's feet from the ashes. Today my baby learnt that when you burn anything finally everything turns to ashes. I need to give her more chance to see what happens when you burn something. 

But no energy. As I'm thinking of this, I'm convince myself and pity about how drained I am. Well, it never ends right? I quickly come out of that loop to make the most of what is going to happen today. 

 We went and walked the streets up at down. We discussed why are our shadows length and intensity changing, why do we have multiple shadows at few spots on the road, why charandis are dry. She fell down and her lips started bleeding. I picked her up and hugged her. I let her cry howmuch ever she wanted which lasted for a minute. While crying, we walked back into multi shadow area and our discussion on shadows continued. 

For the first time in life, we recieved her dad from his office because he usually comes by 11.30pm by when she would be fast asleep. She was joyous. Her daddy showered her with kisses to home from the parking...

We came back, had a breastfeeding session and she's not letting her dady go to the kitchen to eat something, he's been hungry since 6pm. He slept before she slept and she woke him up " appa appa". She even told us a story where Amma is scared and something. We slept together. 

We are learning. We are science students. We love science 🔭 💜 📚📖
As I said earlier, I have no energy left I arrange these pictures into their chronology. I hope you can sort it out yourself when we see them one by one ✨✨


Comments

Popular Posts