She and the Backyard Garden

          Every time I step out of the last door of my office cabin to sip the tea in the cool evening weather of Bangalore, I look at this green garden of one of the posh villas residing right beside my office. I miss you there and I wonder at the way it transfers me to the dreamland for that small time of few minutes before reality hits back into the face !

         Its the green lawn spread over 1200sq ft with a gorgeous entrance painted with white and made of cement. There is this green creeper with bushy leaves that adorn this garden entrance.There stays a 2 feet Buddha statue at one of the corners of the garden with a feet away from green bushes with white little flowers. This is so similar to what I dreamt my garden to be when she shifts to my home after our marriage!.  There is a pavement from the entrance which connects to the main door of the house and the either sides of the pavement is adorned with a mix of bright yellow, red and pink hibiscus flowers. At another corner is sits a white painted iron bench as if waiting for us to go there and exploit it!

          I see myself with her laughing, giggling and reading books to each other on the lawn in our pajamas. I see myself with her doing our daily morning work out sessions in the middle of the garden and warm sunshine gleaming at us. I see myself lying there in the bench in your lap and listening to your voice reading my favorite books to me. I see myself and her all over. I see her standing there in a off-white dress, with her arms open, eyes closed and smiling up at the golden rays of the evening sun. I see her drinking her tea and starring at me as if she's gonna eat me up!

I see the laughs, the little joys everywhere and all over the place.

I realize that I have already finished my tea a while ago, I close my eyes, take a deep breath and go back to work.
                                                          Image courtesy: Google

~Sindhu




Comments

Popular Posts