When love killed the demons !

I was 12 back then and I would feel weird things around me in the home. I would feel that someone is staring at me from the window of my room, I would feel there Is something that is watching me whever I go. I had lost my peace. It was a constant struggle to fall asleep at the night when I used to be so scared that someone is spooning me from behind while I'm in my bed.

To ease myself i started sleeping with my back to the wall and my head tucked into the blanket.

I can never forget that day when it was so painful for my mom that she sobbed loudly. Probably she thought that her daughter whom she loved so dearly, pushed her away! She was in pain!.

It was an incident that happened one night when few of my relatives where over at my house. As we prepared the bed, I decided to sleep with my gramma and my mom on my wit her sides. This was way better than sleeping alone towards the wall, I thought. My back was to my mom and while I was falling asleep I felt a jolt from behind. I got so scared that I woke up, started throwing tantrums and I pushed my mom away. I told her that she is scary to me.

Those words are what any mom would never like to hear from their children. She looked into my eyes and her eyes became wet. She closed her mouth with her Saree and sobbed so much that night. I hate that night. I could feel her and I was ashamed of myself. That was the moment when All the evil and devil that troubled me for months vanished in one night.

The love killed the demons in my head. And I never spoke those words to my mum ever again...

~sindhu 

Comments

Popular Posts