The birds of Two Homes

       Looking at chirping sparrows with an ever overload with cuteness, I was wondering the way they were wandering. We all know that the things invented to ease our communication problems, have been killing the sparrows mercilessly. But still they are seen in the less denser parts of the cities. Its also seen near my home.:-):-)

       Having a hope that some day some bird will come, I started keeping rice grains on the four feet high compound wall of my home, Yes i was right. They came. and they were sparrows.:-) When they started coming more in number,  I also practiced keeping a bowl of clear water daily morning along with rice grains.

      They came ate drank and went. This went on for many  months. Untill a creeper grew enough to harbor these birds. They, feeling blessed (I guess...;) and i wish they feel ) They were hovering over the creeper, peep their beaks into the water bowl, pick rice, hover again and move on. I could hear them chirping all around the front gate in mornings and evenings. when once I was at home at noon time, I heard the chirps..! Alas.! They are coming in the noon as well..!! woww..!! I ran and went out to watch them. But disappointingly I dint see any of them near the compound wall or their rice bowl.  When I searched for whose chirp it was, far on the horizon I could see bright colored birds hung in less than a one feet cube of the cage.. They were cute and even they were chirping. I didnot give a deep thought on what I saw and I moved on with my other household chores that day.

     From then every  time I come out of the house and listen to chirping of the birds of both houses, something really bothers deep in me. Both birds chirp, but both the chirps personifies different ways of life, one chirps with freedom and happiness and the other is in total disaster of being a captive life long. Why has human race being rude to other species. Lets create harmony at least at an individual level.

curtsey: Google images


      Birds are meant to fly and to be with its other folk-mates living in their natural habitats. We do not have any rights to captivate them and assume that they are happy inside the cube with all our sophisticated facilities to them.

                                        "Live free. Let live free"






Comments

Popular Posts