Book review: House of Cards

During quarantine, alot of reading is still less. I had completed reading "the remains of the day" by Ishiguro and had my head spinning. Too much of self talk and philosophy was in a way good but i needed a complete different genre to balance my emotions. I picked up Sudha Murthy's "House of Cards".

What can i say about her books, they all are great as usual. Simple language,chrisp clear, practical, very realistic and touching. I love to read her books at any time of the year and I loved this one too.

Its a chic-lit book, about Mridula who is a girl from a small village with unbound enthusiasm for life. The book narrates her story of getting married to a doctor and what life leads to thereafter. It talks about the way people start changing when the money starts flowing in and what Mridula will do when she sees that she is becoming a stranger to her own family.

The plot is thick with many sub-plots and absolutely interesting. As the book progresses towards the end,it starts feelings like a movie and you can clearly see the wisdom of Sudha Murthy pouring in.

Comments

Popular Posts