Little unforgettable moments on a 3 days journey with strangers

       This isn't a story. This is pure satisfaction. Few moments which changed something within me forever.

       I am coward to plan my own trips. Planning a trip makes me extremely nervous, scared and stressful. Nevertheless I booked a 3 day trip to Tobermory with one of the touring companies because i wanted to do something adventurous before I left this land of strangers.

      First ever memory on this trip that's etched in my heart forever is how the sky looks in the pitch dark forest as we landed from our car to go into the resort. That was the first time I saw millions of stars which i had never witnessed before. Till today, I love to go out of tent and watch stars in the midnight in the forests. Unmatching satisfaction.

      The days where warm as it was summer in Canada so I did not carry any jacket with me. All of a sudden after reaching resort I started feeling cold, I was sitting alone trying to hide from people as the whole 30 people group was of unknowns. A Russian lady in the middle of her late 30's came up to me and offered here jacket bought from Banana republic. I can never forget that lady, her smile and her liveliness for the whole 3 days. She taught me it makes a big difference to the stranger when you offer a help on the trips.

     Most of them on the trip where non vegetarians and I was the only vegetarian. The cook who had come with the touring company organizers was an asshole, being a racist, asking questions as to why do you guys still give place for Sikhs in your country who killed your prime minister, as to why don't you guys booze etc. I told him "Show me another country which is as tolerant as mine". He was quiet. Do not let dirty people overstep you.

      I loved the waters but I could not jump into the water because it was too cold. Another young Russian lady, took off her clothes and jumped. She did not stay for long but she did it. She experienced. I felt, something that doesn't kill you makes you strong. There is a thin line between foolhardiness and adventure.

  Steal the moments. Life is too short to repent.
      

Comments

Popular Posts