When I learnt a life lesson

She was walking slowing with her arms folded in "namaskar" position. I was right behind her. She had no strength and was walking slowly. It got on to my nerves because I wanted to finish the circles soon and go sit at a less crowded place.

In a rather harsh and high voice I told her in Kannada, "Ajji, move fast. See how slow are you walking!!". She looked at me and just nodded her head.

The pujari sitting at a few metres from us overhead and saw what happened. He called me and ajji and in a gentle voice he told me " touch her feet and ask sorry". He was not not angry, he did not scold me nor gave a lecture on how to behave with elderly people. He made me feel ashamed in a very dignified manner.

I never got mad or irritated of her or any other elderly person again. Rather I understood what they feel and try to help where I can.

"Stand up for what is right. That might change something for someone"

~Sindhu


Comments

Popular Posts