My mom is the strongest

         One late night I lie there in my bed, peeping at the empty streets through my window. There where no street dogs, nor their noises to accompany me, my eyes fixed at the tangent yellow light filled  empty streets. The rustling autumn leaves on the road did not look pretty. I got frustrated about thinking of what to cook for tomorrow. It was such a energy sucking task to cook breakfast, lunch, pack all of it and leave before 9 am to reach office, drawing a wide smile on my face as if nothing has happened till then and I am all ready to face the world !

         I was missing my mom. So badly. I was overwhelmed thinking of this little lady who cannot walk, got up at 5 am no matter how much she might have had wept the previous night and no matter how late she slept dicing, slicing and chopping the vegetables late night to fill everyone's stomach the next morning. For years, she slept by 12 am and up by 5 am, no matter what war she was fighting inside herself within the 5 hours which she got for herself to catch some sleep.

          She woke each morning as if she never felt tired. She cooked for the whole family, made us eat, packed our lunch boxes, packed her own lunch box and left a thousand times with no time to eat her breakfast. She ran to the bus stop where she anxiously waited for the bus to come which would be late so many times and she would reach late at her office for absolutely no fault of hers. Wouldn't that have hurt her ? She would lose face in front of all for no fault of hers. She left office and again waited for the same damn bus which never seemed to arrive on time for my mom. I hate that bus for taking away my mom's time when she was struggling so much to fit in, in those 24 hours. That bus took away my mom's 3 hours every day for no damn reason.

          At the age of 27, when I am trying to figure out my tomorrow lying in this damn bed, I feel appalled. She went through so much , so so much. Under the same roof, she hid her burning fire without escaping itself to touch her children for so many years. Me and my brother, we dammit had no clue how tough her each day was ! and Here I am, struggling to gather myself. Just myself.



"Every late night I peep through my window, I miss my mom.
Every late night I peep through my window, my respect for her grows so much deeper and wider.

My mom is the strongest, the most beautiful, the most kind, the most loving person I would ever have.

~ Sindhu

Comments

Popular Posts