Attitude of Gratitude

Here I quote a very small real incident of my life that taught me a valuable lesson :


              Its our routine to keep all the cooked items, pickle jar, salt and other necessary things on the floor in the hall and put on the T.V before we start our dinner. We serve ourselves how much ever we want to eat and we have dinner watching T.V. Sometimes we watch news and some other times we watch kannada serials. After the dinner is over dad goes out into the street for a small stroll and I go out into our compound and have a walk. It was night time around 9 o' clock when I, my dad and my mom had just finished our dinner that day.

              That night after I was done with my dinner, I reached out to my black color Samsung S Duos mobile that I usually keep on the sofa in the hall after coming back from the office. I unlocked the phone to peep into watsapp and learnt that my one month internet pack had ended and now the internet usage was getting charged. My dad works in BSNL and because he likes me to use BSNL I use their sim. It gave a pretty good  3G network at comparatively lower prices and at the same time I was making my dad feel good about myself for using BSNL. As it met both the ends of the need, I was satisfied with this network. Whenever I want to get my number recharged I inform my dad and he gets  it  done for me by giving a quick call to a few of his colleagues who work in the recharge department. That night I said him that my net pack is over and that I would like him to get it recharged for me.

              I guess because he was done with his dinner and he wanted to go out, this time he asked me to take his mobile and said "Dear, send a text message to Mrs.Kamalakar and she will recharge for you". I had already done this a couple of times before and today also faithfully following his words, I sent her a text message.I have not known even today how this lady looks like. Most of the times when I send out a text message to her asking to recharge, within few minutes a message would beep in my mobile saying that the recharge is done successfully and now I have 1.2GB data usage for one month. As soon as I get this message I used to put on my data connection and get engrossed into the phone.

           This I don't know the reason but for the first time I remembered that lady after I got the recharge message. I imagined myself in her place, being a busy Indian working lady and doing her work aptly at as late as 9.30 p.m. The next thought I got was, how will she know whether it got recharged or not?

            I had never bothered all these times to call her back or at-least text her back saying that I have got the recharge. But this time when I imagined myself in her place, I felt a need to get a response from the other end and get a confirmation for what is done.

I quickly picked up dad's phone and sent her a text message:
"Thank-you very much aunty and the recharge is successful - Sindhu here."
        Probably hundreds of people might have got their mobile recharges done from this lady and many people like me might have not thanked her thinking that she is just doing her duty and she doesn't need a thanks for what she does. As soon as I sent that message I got a call from her. I was wondering why she called.!

         The voice from the other side said  "Oh did you get the recharge..? Good beta. Had your lunch. What are you doing ? "... There was a kind of happiness in her voice when she talked to me. she was happy for getting a thank-you note from me.! I could sense it in her voice. :-)

Wow ..!! That was a very small thing but it was an amazing experience. !! It feels great to pay off the gratitude to the people who help. From then till today, whenever I get my mobile recharged from her I never forget to send a thanks note.


I decided. I would be grateful for everything I have in my life. I will improve for my betterment in all fields but I will stay grateful to whatever I have..:-)


" Great things are hidden in our small day to day activities "


Here's a great image that I found on Google which says it strongly.
I still do not know whether gratitude will turn denial into acceptance or chaos into order or a failure to success but it definitely does the last three.


-Sindhu

Comments

  1. Wow Akka . loved the title and content. Now a part of my brain is thinking where have I missed being grateful to someone. U know reading ur blog makes me improve myself every time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pragnya,

    Thank-you very much. Yeah, we need to be grateful to people and also things in our life. We also need to be cautious not to stop our efforts in doing the best while in gratification. Regards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice sindhu ,even i will start begin grateful to someone .Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sindhu
    -- PavanS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcm Pavan, I am greatful to you as well for teaching me so many things and helping me when I was in need..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts